Enterprise Manufacturing EngineerJob ID ENTER12092 Location Asheboro, NC Date posted 09/16/2020
At Post Consumer Brands, we are driven by a single mission:Make Better Happen.This mission is multi-faceted and applies to the consumers we serve, the customers we partner with, and the shareholder value that we create. We are committed to safe, delicious breakfast cereal that is safely produced and responsibly marketed. We are a growth-minded food company that believes deeply in the power of teamwork…and we are looking for our next member of the team.
With more than 85% of households in the United States buying cereal, our brands (Malt-o-Meal, Honey Bunches of Oats, Pebbles, Great Grains, Honeycomb, Grape Nuts, Alpha bits, and more) have been honored to compete in a large category and fill an important space in our consumers’ cupboards for more than 100 years and counting!
As part of the Enterprise Engineering team, you will deliver global product and process improvements to yield, rate, downtime, safety, quality, productivity and capacity.
Location: This role will be based at either the Asheboro NC site, the Jonesboro AR site, or at the corporate offices in Minnesota. You will work on enterprise wide projects across multiple locations, so 40-70% travel is required. Relocation will be considered.
• Best practice implementation with focus on improvement around manufacturing processes
• Develop and leverage core processing operations expertise to solve complex manufacturing issues and provide training to operations technical resources
• Design for Manufacturability and Process and Equipment Development
• Lead manufacturing implementation of new product commercialization and global product changes.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
· Drive Best Practice implementation across multiple sites. Improvement of process and product. Application of new technology and equipment to improve process and product. Heavy emphasis and accountability for cost savings.
· Deliver technical training to manufacturing technical resources for a range of core processing operations and provide technical oversight. Examples of core processing operations include: Cookers (Batch-Continuous), Dryers, Puffing/Toasting, Flaking, Sugar Coat, Extrusion, Conveyance, Pumps and Aspiration.
· Document best practice standards for core processing operations. Best combination of materials, methods, process parameters, and equipment.
· Document theory of operation for core processing operations that will provide optimized results to meet food safety, employee safety, quality, yield, productivity and capacity goals.
· Lead Design for Manufacturability discipline by early collaboration with business partners to identify product, process and equipment designs which deliver products that optimize manufacturing capabilities.
· Identify and/or implement new and innovative equipment technologies that support process improvements and projects. May include project leadership for capital installation.
· In collaboration with Manufacturing Engineer, provide new product commercialization support that results in meeting start-up objectives. Will involve establishing process parameters, equipment changes, manufacturing documentation, validating process performance, troubleshooting issues, and any other thing necessary for successful product start-up.
· As member of new product Core Teams, lead, coordinate, and communicate activities for Operations to support successful commercialization of new product and/or changes.
Education: BS degree in engineering or related field
Experience: Minimum of 2-5 years manufacturing related experience in process engineering and/or process development. Experience in the consumer food industry strongly preferred
• Understanding of Lean Manufacturing/Continuous Improvement methodologies.
• Must have strong analytical and business judgment including demonstrated problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
• Ability to influence, mentor and coach to get results through others.
• Results driven for being the low cost producer and supporting company growth strategies.
• Have strong bias for action, while proving the ability to inspire others.
• Convey high level of optimism while setting aggressive targets to teams, finding ways to achieve them.
• Communicates a compelling vision and inspired sense of purpose. Talks about the possibilities and is optimistic. Creates strong morale and spirit within team.
• Solves highly complex problems and prioritizes actions in a timely manner. Probes all sources for answers and can quickly sense what will help resolve issues.
• Establish clear directions, sets stretching objectives. Lays out work in a well-planned and organized manner and brings out the best in people through leveraging their strengths.
• Speaks candidly and provides constructive feedback in a professional manner.
• Organizes and manages projects; interacts, supports, facilitates and leads multi-functional work teams; leads teams to consensus; strong negotiation skills.
• Able to build strong and diverse relationships across the business groups they partner with. Supports and fosters change.
• Demonstrates a passion for safety. Able to develop and maintain a respectful and safe work environment.
• Green Belt and Project Management Professional certification preferred
Other: Able to work evenings and/or weekends. Extensive travel is expected (40-70%).
Ability to lift 25 kg.
Must have no known food allergies.
Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Post Holdings provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a covered veteran and any other category protected under applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws.